WHY BREATHE RIGHT®
How well we sleep at night has a significant effect on our ability to concentrate and perform during the day. But nighttime nasal congestion can often get in the way, ruining your chance to get a good night’s sleep and affecting how you feel all day long.
Don’t take it lying down! Breathe Right® nasal strips are drug-free and clinically proven to instantly relieve nasal congestion, helping you breathe better so you can sleep better. They’re like a breath of fresh air. Read on to learn more about how Breathe Right® nasal strips relieve nasal congestion.
SLEEP COACH, NICK LITTLEHALES GIVES US HIS SECRETS TO A GOOD NIGHT’S SLEEP.
Click here to close transcript.
Most people take sleep for granted and don’t give their sleep routine a second thought. This can result in a sleep hangover, starting your day groggy and dazed. So follow these tips and boost your own personal performance:
- Avoid staring at backlit screens; the phone, tablet and laptop are really impacting on your sleep. The light from the screen disrupts your pineal glands production of serotonin and melatonin, which is crucial to avoiding a sleep hangover.
- At least an hour before bedtime, read a book.
- Go to the bathroom immediately before bed. You don’t want to be waking up to go to the toilet as it breaks your sleep cycle and you will not get those moments of REM and deep sleep. If you do need to go, use a torch rather than turning on all those bright artificial lights.
- Keep your bedroom cool. 16°C to 18°C is the optimum temperature. This is because your core body temperature drops to its lowest level while you’re asleep and that is how you enter a sleep state naturally. So although wearing bed-socks in bed may feel good, it's actually counterproductive to getting a good quality sleep.
- Sleep is all about rhythms, patterns and cycles. Setting consistent times to wake and go to bed each day, even on the weekends will help manage your biological clock.
- Avoid using a loud alarm clock as it stresses the body into a jolting wake, rather than a natural wake.
- Natural breathing in sleep is vital, so if you’re suffering from cold symptoms, use nasal strips like Breathe Right®. Keeping those nasal passages open is vital to good sleep. If snoring is a problem, the strips may help reduce that.
To avoid a Sleep Hangover, try incorporating these tips and tricks into your sleep routine.
THE MANY BENEFITS OF NASAL STRIPS
You may be thinking “I thought there was one benefit to nasal strips: breathing better?” While that’s true, the benefits of breathing better are far and wide. Here are the top reasons to use a nasal strip.
Nasal strips help relieve nighttime nasal congestion, which means you can breathe better so you can sleep better. And you shouldn't underestimate the power of a good night's sleep. Check out some of the benefits of sleep here.
Nighttime nasal congestion can lead to snoring, since you're more likely to breathe through your mouth when there is restricted airflow through your nose. Breathe Right® nasal strips work to improve airflow in your nose, which can help reduce snoring. Find out how they can help reduce snoring here.